1. Place your self comfortably, sitting or mendacity down.
2. Place your proper hand in your stomach and your left hand in your chest.
3. Breathe in deeply by means of your nostril, focusing your breath into your stomach. You’ll really feel your proper hand transfer up along with your stomach – your left hand ought to keep nonetheless.
4. Breathe out by means of your mouth, releasing the breath out of your stomach.
5. Repeat this ten occasions. Breathe deeply and slowly, focusing your thoughts in your breath and ignoring any distractions round you.
6. Discover how relaxed you are feeling!
You’ll discover that studying leisure methods will aid you throughout all elements of your life, conserving you grounded, current and in management.
Do an intensive warm-up
A standard mistake younger dancers make is assuming that dance auditions will embrace a warm-up. Bear in mind, each audition is completely different! In a single audition you could solely do workouts on the barre, while in one other you could transfer straight into jumps and turns. Due to this fact, it’s very important to be completely heat and able to deal with any choreography thrown at you. Not solely will warming up aid you do a incredible audition, however it is going to additionally forestall accidents and put together you mentally. Embrace each dynamic and static components in your heat up, equivalent to mild jogging and delicate stretching. When you’re a musical theatre performer, be certain that to do a full vocal warm-up as properly.
Study extra about warming up right here: Dance 101 The Significance of Warming Up.
Confidence is essential
When an adjudicator/director is selecting dancers, they aren’t simply in search of technical competence. They’re additionally in search of dancers with the arrogance to carry out in entrance of an viewers; dance is a efficiency artwork, in spite of everything! Ask your self: in the event you don’t consider in your personal expertise, why ought to anybody else? When you’re struggling to seek out confidence in your self, faux it until you make it! Consider an expert dancer who evokes you, and faux to be them for a day. Do they stroll with poise? Sure! Do they give the impression of being completely happy and relaxed? Completely! Are they hiding behind everybody else and staring on the floor? After all not! Irrespective of how nervous you might be, show to the adjudicators that you’ve the arrogance to be a dancer.